Monday, January 7, 2013

My day

Being led by the Holy Spirit, When I woke up this day I knew I was to visit my niece to see my great nephew. I went to the hospital to visit with Shannon and meet my new great nephew Jamison. We had a lovely visit, I was able to hold Jamison, get my picture taken with him. Loved spending time with her and Jamison.  I left and as I went into the elevator a young dad came in, he reached out to me and started crying, his wife was in the operating room, a tubal pregnancy.  I prayed for him right there and as I left was shaken up but knew God was in control and I was to be there at just that moment. Some would say coincidence, I say God's timing.

I left the elevator to visit another friend, as I found her room I was surprised to see her sitting on her bed. She was scheduled for her procedure and I thought I would just pray with her dad, Andrew. No God had other plans for me. I shared with Amelia what had just happened on the elevator and she said the doctor that was operating on the young mom was her doctor and she was praying for this mom.  Wow! No coincidence here! I had a wonderful visit with Amelia and prayed with her before I left.  Lord thank you for leading me to visit my niece and friend.

I don't know if you ever go about your day, you agenda already set as to what you think you need to get accomplished for the day. I have learned through the Lord, my husband Marvin to slow down, and enjoy the moments, joy and laughter.  The laundry, dishes, cleaning will wait and it will all get done in time. But we need to be looking for opportunities from the Lord.  When I do, He always leads me, speaks, teaches me something just for me that I really needed.  I know as young moms we are busy and sometimes we hardly have time to breathe but just try to enjoy moments with your children, husband, friends........

My children, two daughters are grown and married with their own children and I regret not doing more with them, play times, instead of always having a clean home, clothes washed, etc...... I can not go back and have a redo but I can change and become a better wife, mother and grand mother and friend.

I write this to encourage you to enjoy your day to the fullest.

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment