Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Intercessory prayer

I always thought I knew what this was until the Lord got a hold of me and led me to a book, though Paul Haworth and my eyes were opened up.  As I read this book, I would talk to myself and say YES!!! that is what happens to me too.  In this book he talks about his life and how as he would be walking to work the Lord would say to him, Howard you need to go and knock on this door and lead her to the Lord.  He would say, Lord I'm on my way to work and if I stop I'll be late. He would continue on and the Lord would speak again HOWARD, you need to knock on this door.  He did only to find a lady that had prayed for someone to come to her that day. AWESOME how our God works. I write this to encourage you when you hear that still small voice nudging you to be obedient to the voice so you will not miss the blessing.

As I grow more and more in love with the Lord, I do not want to miss any blessing He may have for me.  I started to journal on this, date it and my red journal book is my confirmation that indeed the Lord is speaking to me.

We need to always need to be ready, prepared for battle.  That is why we/I need to saturate myself with God's word.  When I do He always uses something I just read to help someone.  I just need to hear that still small voice and go.

Last night something happened to a friend of mine. This really affected my heart and I was praying for her all evening. My heart was heavy and as I went to bed she was on my mind.  The Lord woke me up to pray for her,it was a rough night of intercessory prayer but I knew I was to pray.  The burden has not completely lifted but it is better.  I will continue on in prayer for her until I hear from the Lord. If you are burden for a situation, person I would encourage you to pray for them, write it down, date it and when you see that person, ask if they were in need of prayer that day. This will be your confirmation if you heard from the Lord. My pastor told me to do this until I would know His voice.  To this day I still write it down in my journal, date it and then write down the answer too.

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment