Thursday, January 17, 2013

Unglued moments

Today started out good, coffee, ......

We decided to go out for a while, Marvin always gets ready before I do and he never says a word. I put pressure on myself to start to hurry up a bit. Before we even left I had two unglued moments with my mouth snapping at Marvin.  Now when I think about it, if I had my glasses on I could have read my phone, totally my fault.  I asked Marvin to read my message, well he doesn't know my phone, first snap and then he asked a question, I snapped again. WOW!!! That is when I stated to him I need to slow down, we are retired right now and have all day....I grabbed both unglued books, pencil and my bracelet in hand.  Got in the car and off we were, I read my study and chapter, did the homework.

I asked Marvin if he would take me to Oakmont Bakery, sure, off we go. We buy some goodies and I get in the car and Marvin hears clink. He tells me open your door, I think something fell out, I did and didn't see anything.  Off we go to drive home, then OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I remember I never put on my bracelet, that must have been the clink.  Instead of having an unglued moment I just thought, this is my fault. I was the one in a  hurry.  My normal would have been to blame Marvin for rushing me which he never does.  I always tell people, you need to slow down.... I need to take my own advise.  A lesson learned and hopefully tomorrow I will slow down.  I can replace the bracelet, even though it was a Christmas present from my daughter Brandi.  Well this isn't the frist time I have lost something nor will it be the last time.  Life goes on...

Tomorrow I'm having a me part of the day.  No reason for me not to slow down and enjoy it and rush around.

Lord keep chiseling me and help remind me when unglued moments come that I continue to make small stepd forward.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Diana, for sharing your unglued moments! Though I'm sorry you lost your bracelet! I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana and a blog!!!! I love it! I hope you keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete