Friday, January 18, 2013

Thankful day

This morning I took my advise and I slowed down and had a great morning.  No rushed moments, frazzled times. Awesome for me as Marvin was ready once again before me but that is okay. I did what I needed to do and we/I had a great day.

We had planned to go and watch Kaden play basketball at BIHS at 3:30 since it was a home game and they were playing Seneca which Kaden has two cousins that play and it is a fun time.  Our daughter sent me a text and asked if we could pick up Maddy from school and take her to see her brother play. No problem...... Retirement does have it's advantages.  I dropped off Marvin, went down to pick up Maddy. Get game, Butler won and the freshman team played a good game.

Our daughter called, they had gotten slammed at Red Lobster and she was not going to be able to come and see any of Kaden's game, bummer for her.  She wanted to know if we had any plans, I of course said, no worries. We will take Kaden home and take them out to eat dinner.  Our Kaden has type 1 diabetes and he needs to eat at certain times, especially after the exercise he gets from playing the entire game.

We ended up at the Lyndora Hotel, they do have good wings which the grand kids and Marvin like.  Good meal, good laughs, good memories and Brandi met us at the hotel and took her children home.

Off we go to Verizon as my phone was doing weird things, battery needed checked, etc.  Sometimes I get nervous but not this time. She answered all our questions, fixed my phone, Good, good, and good!!

I can say I had my first unglued day and I am so thankful to God. He was with me all day. I felt His presence wrapped around me tight.  It felt so good knowing I was protected by my Lord and Savior.

Glory to Jesus!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment