Sunday, January 20, 2013

Becoming aware

Today was such a lovely Saturday, the sun shining, the warmth and it being the third week of January. Love the little breaks we get to get us through the winter.  As I thought about the little breaks of weather I was reminded of the blessing we receive each day, some huge and some little. But if we become aware of our surroundings the Lord blesses us all the time.

Sometimes if we just go through our day, in a hurry we miss the little things that come our way.  A smile from a stranger can totally change my day. If I'm stressed it changes my attitude and suddenly I become grateful once again.  I try to look people in the eye and do the same, just a smile or a friendly Hi!  Hoping to bring a smile on their face and change their day.

When I take my walks on Eckstein Road the Lord always shows me something.  A new bird, a beautiful tree, maybe one that needs pruning and then it goes from there how I apply it to my life and how I need to constantly need pruning.  Just like I am learning from Unglued, by Lysa Terkuerst.  I need chiseled from the Lord.  Let the chiseling begin!!

We had another great day and not just because I was able to get some clothes, but we were together, talking and enjoying being with one another.  No stress, no unglued moments either.  When I felt one coming on I became aware and surrendered it to the Lord, changed my attitude knowing I can not control people nor how they react and I'm not responsible either. Whew!!!

I have situation that has caused me stress before and now has surfaced again but this time I'm changing how this will end.  Victory in Jesus! A year ago I would have stressed about this and even may have gossiped about it. Not this time the Lord and I will overcome together.

I am a slow student at times but I am making progress and little steps in the right direction.  As long as I continue to move forward it's good.

In a different direction on becoming aware. Lately the news and programs have been talking about what designer Michelle Obama is going to wear, what the dress will look like, what the girls are going to wear, not to mention how much this is costing.  I don't know about you but this just sickens me when our country is in such a bad place. People need work, places to live, car to drive, food, clothes.  Could we not use the money they are spending for the lavish parties on people that are hurting.  If you have driven to Pittsburgh or even downtown Butler there are people that are in need of help.  I know maybe some have caused their plight but many have not and would work and earn a living.  To often we turn the other way and just drive by and not become active in a real way. So many times it's the children that start collecting blankets, making sandwiches to reach out to the homeless. I read a book of an affluent lady that became homeless due to people that took advantage of her and it took years for her to get from being homeless to having a home again.  I am so blessed to have a place I call home, food to eat, heat in the winter, air conditioning in the summer, a car to drive and even able to help people.  I'm big into paying  it forward, one at a time and it will make a difference.  If everyone would pray about their role and do their part we can make a difference.

I write this that you will become aware and become active and make a difference in people's lives for the Glory of God.

1 comment: