Wednesday, January 23, 2013

today could be stressful

Today is one of those days that could be stressful. I have been praying about this day, the appointment, his numbers and overall report.  Kaden is going to Children's for his three month check-up for type 1.  We took him in July and not knowing what to expect it well pretty good. We had Maddy with us and we knew we would go somewhere to eat when we were done.  Every time we go to Children's we see all types of children, some with physical problems, some mental and those like Kaden that appear normal but have a disease too.  I always try to smile at everyone I see but looking at Kaden's appearance you can tell this is hard on him emotionally. I am so proud of him, he knows everything about his type 1 and can answer the techs, doctors and care givers what they need.  This has taught me a huge lesson, I am not in control of anything.  As a mom, grandmother and wife I sometimes think I can control or have a say in what will happen. God says, " Diana I have this under control just trust me".  I know Lord, when I do trust you it's always perfect even if I do not like the answer, it's good.

Stresses can be traffic, people with road rage, parking, the wait, Oh the wait is sometimes hard on Marvin.  We need to be the calm today and just enjoy the trip. We loaded in our car and Marvin drove down to Children's we made good time, even Brandi commented we made it in 35 minutes. No traffic, no problems, thank you God.

Right before we get to Children's, Kaden says to his mom, why do I need to get checked, I'm good.  Short story you just need to be checked every three months. I think he just doesn't like to see the things he sees.  We usually keep him occupied with a game or something. This time grandpa shows him videos he has on Kaden shooting hoops with his friends, and several games this year, good job grandpa!!

We get in the hospital and before we even get to our set of elevators I see a sweet little girl with either cancer or leukemia, no hair.  Both parents are texting people with news of her treatment and she just sat there and smiled at everyone that would look at her.  Oh honey I will pray for you that's a promise.  We arrive at Kaden's floor, check in, do paper work and they called them to go in.  We choose to stay in the lobby to give them privacy.  As I was sitting there waiting, you see all kinds of ailments, diseases. You hear of people traveling down from Erie in a total whiteout and here we sit only 35 minutes away from a great hospital.  Puts life into perspective sometimes....

These two families were dreading their drive home, hoping no to having the whiteout nor bad roads.  I saw teenagers having to take care of babies with difficulties of all kinds.  I went to use the ladies restroom and there witnessed a teen trying to get a feeding tube corrected, getting nervous and her mother telling her she had to learn how to take care of her baby.  Oh my so sad... I always leave Children's with a thankful heart knowing God is in control and He will be with Kaden every step, not missing one step.

Kaden got a great report, his A1C was 6.2 which is very good. His numbers were good since his last appointment and his doctor even complimented him on having good numbers over the Holidays.  He will now start taking his insulin with a flex pen once the insurance goes through. He is excited about this, no more having syringes.  Hope the insurance goes through quick so he doesn't have to wait.  His pancreas is still producing some insulin so he may have genetic type insulin, not 1 or 2.  I will have to look it up to tell you the correct name.  He will still be insulin dependent but still produce some insulin on his own just not enough.

Good thing he did have an appointment, his meter was off by 30 points which is not good. They gave him a new meter, that Kaden is just one of the reasons to be checked every three months.

On the car ride home it was fun just to hear Kaden and his mom talk about his appointment, so funny.  He is so much like his mom, we just laughed!!! So it was not a stressful day or time but one of attention to others around me so I could pray with them.

Good drive home, no stress and again such a good report. I can not even begin to thank the Lord for His goodness and graces today......

No comments:

Post a Comment