Monday, March 18, 2013

Forgiveness

For if you forgive others for their transgressions, your heavenly father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive others then your heavenly father will not forgive your transgressions. Matthew 6:14-15

We think about this, read it in the Bible and go on thinking we are okay because we justify why we are okay not to forgive.  The Bible doesn't say except for this circumstance or situation, Diana you're okay. No the Bible say we are to forgive, plain and simple. That's a pretty serious scripture!

What we need to realize is that forgiveness is NOT saying that what someone did is okay. Forgiveness is making the choice to give the situation over to God and releasing yourself from the situation.

Forgiveness is a choice, not a feeling. Often we also need God to heal our hearts after we choose to forgive, because the pain you have gone through is devastating and deeply wounded down to your marrow.  It's often NOT instantaneous but once we make the decision to forgive, God can and will heal our hearts.  True healing can come as a result of forgiveness. Would you be willing to forgive someone in order to be healed and made whole and effective foe the kingdom of God.  Not forgiving others causes a wall to be put up between ourselves and God. No one wants to be in that position.

What I needed to do a few times was to sit down with a notebook and pen and I prayed that God would show me anyone I needed to forgive. When God spoke to me I would ask Him to forgive me and heal my broken heart. I would write down the date I prayed and asked for forgiveness. I would also write down the date God healed my heart. I'm not saying this is easy but according to God's WORD it's what we all need to do.

Some may so but you have not gone through this and that. I am telling you I have gone through rape, suicide attemps, death, family estranged.  Some of these things I have gone through have taken time to heal my heart but I write this to tell the world, only God can heal my heart and fill it with love. A love that lasts for eternity.  That my friend is what I needed and what I desire to be filled with the love of Jesus so I can shine for HIM!

We all have a story to tell of the goodness of God, go and tell the world how Jesus has changed your world.

1 comment:

  1. 11 or so years ago that verse rocked my world and changed it (and me!) in the best possible way!

    ReplyDelete